Izatt Family Information
This information has been gathered from website contributors and other sources such as
Paper of Record.
This is to help identify the people in the photos in the Izatt photo collection (see the link below).
Izatt census information, 1851-1891.
- November 3, 1893: Perth Courier:
- Mr. T. Izatt, who has been visiting friends in Minnesota for some time, is expected home next week.
- January 22, 1897: Perth Courier:
- Izatt-McCulloch -- Married, at the residence of the bride's father, James McCulloch,
by Rev. James Rennie, Mr. Allan Izatt of North Sherbrooke to Miss Betsey McCulloch of Dalhousie.
- December 1, 1899: Perth Courier:
- Izatt -- Died, at North Sherbrooke, on Nov. 24, Thomas Izatt, aged 70.
this site for transcription of his death notice (search for Izatt with your web browser).
- 1901 Census :
- District: Lanark (North/Nord) (#80)
Subdistrict: Dalhousie & Sherbrooke (North/Nord) B-4, Page 6 :
Name Birth Date Age
Izatt Allan M Head M May 17, 1871 29
Izatt Betsy F Wife M May 5, 1876 24
Izatt Edith F Daughter S Aug 4, 1898 2
- 1905 Voters' List, Dalhousie & N. Sherbrooke Twp. :
- 1911 Census :
- District: Lanark North / 16 Sherbrooke North / page 5 :
Izatt Allan M Head M May, 1871 40
Izatt Betsy F Wife M May, 1876 35
Izatt Edith F Daughter S Aug, 1898 12
Izatt Thomas M Son S Jul, 1901 9
Izatt Maggie F Daughter S Jun, 1905 5
- May 26, 1922: Perth Courier:
- March 13, 2007: Emails from Peter Anderson:
- Allan Izatt's wife, Elizabeth McCulloch was the daughter of James C. McCulloch and Adeline Ranger
. . .
Having looked at the pics I surmise that there may be a few McCullochs involved as the Izatts were somewhat
scarce on the ground.
- Meda & Essie Caldwell were the daughters of Charles Caldwell & Minnie McCulloch.
Minnie was Mrs. Allan Izatt's sister. Minnie is probably the one who sent the postcard.
- Edith (Edythe) McCulloch
another sister of Elizabeth (Mrs. Allan Izatt) was married to
William Bulloch and Lyle K. Bulloch
was their youngest child, born March 10, 1920.
- March 16, 2007: Email from Peter Anderson:
- Some more info on the 1932 Postcard : Mrs. Thomas J. Izatt was Mabel Beatrice Millar,
daughter of John Duncan Millar and Annie May Allan. Mabel was one of twelve children and the postcard
deals with her siblings. The sender and signer of the card was sister Minerva Millar and the other sister
mentioned is Vi (Vietta) Millar. Jackie is Mabel's first baby, John Izatt.
- March 17, 2007: Email from Beryl Stott:
- The unknown boy has been identified. He is still living and is a resident of
Elphin. I will not publish any more details until I get his permission.
- March 25, 2007: Email from Chris Izatt:
- . . . . My father was James Earl Izatt, son of Thomas and Mabel Izatt. Many of these photos
page 29, 35, 53, were taken at the Izatt homestead in Elphin, which we sold in 1999 or 2000. . . .
I will review these with my two aunts, Nancy living in Elphin, and Elizabeth of Kingston. (They) are the only living
children of Thomas and Mabel Izatt. My father, Jim died in October of 2001 and his brother Jack Izatt died January
of 1998. My great aunt Minerva, who sent the post card you have from 1932 is still alive and well.
I will forward more info as we identify the faces.
- March 28, 2007: Email from Eleanor Burch:
- Meta McCulloch, age 100, lives in Souris (Manitoba). Her daughter lives in Carberry -- my town.
I forwarded the photos to her so that her mother could see them when she visited Carberry last week.
Unfortunately, she could not identify anyone.
- June 6, 2012: Email from Cynda McAdoo:
- . . . . the boy with the ball is
Robert John Ferguson of Elphin,
born in 1920 and living at Lanark Lodge now.
He is my Dad. Dad was approximately 4 years old in this photo. He is not related to the Izatt family and I didn't
know this photo was on a post card. We have the original photo in a large oval frame. You have my permission to post
Izatt Photos Menu
Back to ontariohistory.org